1.The notification was implemented in accordance with MOE document TJS (5) 1070194325 on October 31, 2018 and the announcement “All education institutions shall strengthen campus safety prevention mechanisms” was issued by Campus Security Report Center, Ministry of Education on October 30, 2018.
2.The Ministry of Education has issued a notice to promote students' awareness of safety and prevention of victimization, and strengthen the ability of students to handle accidents and emergency. The relevant details and promotion contents are as below:
1) Remind students to not arrive on campus alone too early. Do not leave the campus too late and be sure to be accompanied by friends or family. Never go through dark alleys or remote and dangerous places.
2) Students should follow the institution's schedule, avoid remaining alone in a classroom after class. Do not go to the toilet alone. Avoid blind corners on the campus to ensure your own safety.
3) The classrooms for after-school clubs, after-school classes or self-study classes should be centrally managed, with reduced paths of accesses for better control. If any strangers or suspicious persons are spotted on campus, please immediately notify faculty members.
4) When a stranger asks for directions, tell him/her the directions, but do not lead him/her to the place in person. Please always be alert to your own safety. Do not place confidence in any strangers’ words, hand over money or leave campus with any strangers.
5) If you are followed by a stranger off campus, quickly run to a place with more people or a nearby convenience store as fast as you can, and call for help loudly to attract attention.